Global Supply Chain Sourcing Manager
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The Hauppauge NY based position supports global leadership in the Specification, Sourcing, Monitoring, Planning, Forecasting, Quality, Life Cycle Management, and Supply Chain Flow.
- Update, develop, create actionable plan to reduce cost, inventory, and lead time from suppliers globally
- Execute sourcing strategy across identified purchase groups and categories (Chemicals, Electronic Components, Adhesives, Metals, Plastics, Packaging, PC Boards, Wire, Tubes, Fabricated Components)
- Work with key suppliers to create measurable value (reduced lead time, cost, quality, performance, flexibility, optimal cash flow)
- Create RFQ’s, execute, measure, and communicate results
- Monitor and communicate significant changes in pricing, market drivers, and availability on key commodities, services, and raw materials
- Contract preparation and negotiation
- Ability to hand off sourcing strategies and programs to global buyers for execution
- Draft global procedures and SOP’s which harmonize sourcing approach for major spend
- Work with Planning, Logistics, Inventory, Procurement, and Production teams to set up systems and tools which promote customer OTD, inventory balance, and optimal cost / throughput
- Experience working with global cross functional teams (Quality, Manufacturing, Customer Service, Continuous Improvement, Engineering, Sales)
- Experience executing strategies that optimize life cycle management of items cradle to grave
- Evaluate and organize data creating valuable insight which can be used to take immediate and long-term action
- Bachelor’s degree required, BSEE desirable
- Minimum 10 years related experience and/or training
- Electrical procurement experience preferred across multiple manufacturing locations (domestic and international)
- Excellent negotiation skills and business acumen
- Able to effectively present information to stakeholders globally
- Strong working knowledge of ERP Systems and logic
- Advanced use Word, Excel (formula / Pivot Tables), PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint required
- Working knowledge of Access, Excel (V Look Ups)
- Ability to analyze data and create reports which accurately reflect the state of the business
- Bilingual Spanish and or Chinese preferred
- Competent with mathematical calculation
- Six Sigma and LEAN experience a plus
- Up to 50% travel (Able to travel to Mexico, China, Europe, Asia)
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.
Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone. May be required to lift items up to 30 lbs.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.