Product Quality Engineer
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting a wide variety of engineering, manufacturing, supplier and customer quality issues. This role is also responsible for proactively driving improvement in customer satisfaction and reduction of Costs of Poor Quality (COPQ).
- Establish critical to quality & functionality criteria during the new product development by working closely with Engineering.
- Deploy measurement system analysis to understand part configuration and assemblies and by performing process capability studies. Develop and provide data analysis reports.
- Initiate and manage first article inspections (FAI) and advanced product quality planning (APQP) activities. Support thorough documentation throughout the activities.
- Develop design and process failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) and Control Plans throughout various product assemblies and processes that will address improving product and process quality.
- Collaborate with the Production and Manufacturing Engineering teams to pass on critical to quality criteria into objective documentation and verification methods.
- Provide timely and concise communication and escalation of issues to Project Engineers, Quality and Operations management and other relevant departments such as Sales; engage proactively with personnel from other departments to resolve quality issues.
- Work with the Quality team to mine quality data to identify issues and internal yield trends and initiate appropriate improvement actions.
- Manage Corrective Action / Preventive Action (CAPA) activities to ensure that specified requirements are met. Create and update Quality documents as required.
- Review and approve Engineering Changes (ECNs) for accuracy and completeness of information and impact to customers, including approval/notification requirements.
- Conduct assigned internal process/system audits in support of QMS/EMS certification (e.g. ISO9001, ISO14001).
- Conduct periodic training of Quality criteria and documents and collaborate with and coach Quality counterparts across the organization.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Quality Engineer or Electrical Engineer in electronics manufacturing.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Lean / Six Sigma experience; Green Belt level preferred.
- Experience working for a multinational company and the ability to communicate effectively across language and cultural barriers.
- Knowledge, application and deployment of Quality tools.
- ISO 9001 & 14001 experience preferred.
- Strong Project Management, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong Surface Mount Technology, Through Hole, and large system electronic assembly experience.
- Experience in Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Minitab as well as hardware and software tools to accomplish day to day work activities.
Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone. May be required to lift items up to 30 lbs.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.