Professional Development/Diversity & Inclusion Intern
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
We are currently looking to hire an Intern who will report to the SVP of Professional Development and Coaching. We are looking for a student with a focus in Learning and Development or Organizational Behavior. This internship will allow the individual to utilize their learnings such as change management, organizational design, and leadership models, to make a significant impact on critical initiatives for our organization. The two key projects this individual will work on are as follows:
- Partner with SVP of Professional Development and Coaching to create an internal Leadership Development Program.
- Research and present various leadership competencies to Spellman’s corporate leadership and reach an agreement on what is important to Spellman.
- Once agreement is reached, work with steering committee (site leaders and HR leaders in US, UK, Germany, Mexico, China, Japan, and Korea) to prioritize the competencies and determine which will apply to junior future leaders and which will apply to senior leaders.
- Work with SVP and steering committee to review the various modules that could be incorporated into our training and fit them to the corresponding competencies.
- Help develop and structure training modules.
- If interested, facilitate training for some of the learning modules.
- This project will take at least 6 months; the end goal is to roll out the first few modules and begin training lower-level managers.
- Partner with Spellman’s Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) team as we develop and implement a long-term strategic DEI program.
- Coordinate with SVP of Professional Development and Coaching and external consultant as we compile and analyze data from a company-wide survey and local focus groups.
- Work with the DEI team, which consists of the SVP and select regional HR leaders, as we develop ideas and initiatives and present next steps to senior management.
- Work with DEI team and local site and HR leaders as we implement the next steps.
- At the end of the internship, the goal is to present next steps and develop programming as a start to this multi-year journey; as well as establish Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and socialize our initiatives and activities.
- Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills; must be confident and comfortable interacting with all levels of an organization.
- Ideally looking for a rising Senior undergrad, or a Graduate student studying Learning and Development or Organizational Behavior.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.