Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
The development of high voltage power conversion products and associated equipment. The Development Engineer will be qualified in a relevant discipline with experience and knowledge of high voltage requirements, will have the skills to develop power supply designs and will be keen to gain design experience and knowledge.
- Liaise with engineers and review customer specifications to understand required unit performance.
- Develop and modify high voltage power conversion products and associated equipment to meet agreed specifications.
- Design and build breadboards and prototypes to investigate/research new design techniques (higher stability, lower noise, faster polarity reversing) where required.
- Accurately document designs to enable full manufacturing packages to be created or amended.
- Confirm that developed designs meet their requirements by test and/or simulation and calculation.
- Meet agreed time-scales for a task or project.
- Ensure products are compliant to all current legal and regulatory requirements avoiding the use of components, materials or substances they identify as presenting a threat to the environment.
- Products will optimise life cycle duration and if practical be repairable, energy efficient and have no undue environmental impact.
- Assume ownership of the assigned projects from conception to completion and give continued support while in service.
- Responsibility for adhering to the Company’s ISO 9001 Quality, ISO14001 Environmental and Health and Safety management systems and contributing towards continuous improvement.
- HNC, HND, degree or equivalent with relevant experience.
- Some experience in power supply development, preferably with experience of high voltage, analogue, digital and architecture system design.
- Experience of power supply performance measuring and environmental testing.
- Knowledge of up-to-date components, technology and manufacturing techniques.
- Knowledge of current regulations and procedures and knowledge of how they affect design.
- Understanding of constraints of PCB layout and mechanical packaging.
- Ability to follow formal design procedures and methodologies in accordance with ISO 9001.
- Ability to work under pressure to demanding timescales.
- Schematic Capture using CADSTAR desirable.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated, able to work with minimum supervision.
The above responsibilities are not exhaustive and you may be required to fulfil other duties and responsibilities from time to time for which you are reasonably qualified.