Director, Regional Sales Americas
Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Regional Sales Director - Americas is responsible for managing all sales activity, growing revenue and market share for all Spellman High Voltage global products in North and South America (AMER). This position will drive regional sales strategy, manage customer relationships including current accounts and new business opportunities, and own the Spellman High Voltage Electronics business within the geographical area. This position is accountable to grow the business and revenue in the Region, and assumes the overall responsibility for building, nurturing and leveraging customer relationships that allow Spellman to increase customer loyalty, revenue and profitability. This role requires strong leadership skills, with the ability to function independently, develop their team for success, and influence cross functionally; globally. Up to 75% travel is required, mostly within the assigned region.
Essential Job Functions:
- Grow revenue and market share across multiple vertical OEM segments.
- Oversee, motivate, manage and develop the AMER sales team.
- Manage accounts, target and penetrate new accounts, and deepen relationships in the region by defining all customers, competition, and markets in the region.
- Partner with and sell across all levels of management, positioning themselves as a dedicated resource, committed to helping the customer solve their problems.
- Responsible for geographical strategy, tactics, profit, revenue, targets, and regional budget/forecast.
- Work closely with Business Development partners to identify and progress New Business Opportunities in the region and maximize value in customer interactions.
- Partners with Regional Sales Directors and technical SMEs to gain intimate customer knowledge with focus on customer relationship and customer satisfaction.
- Reports out to the organization on accounts under management and plans.
- Participate in committees establishing global sales business process and growth strategies, in partnership with Business Development, Marketing and the other Regional Sales Directors.
- Four-year degree in Engineering, Physics or Business is preferred.
- Well-developed time management skills.
- 7 years of experience in OEM sales of highly engineered, electronic equipment to a sophisticated, high tech customer base.
- 5 years of experience managing a sales team.
- Self-starter with ability to deliver results in a matrix organization.
- Ability to balance tactical and strategic objectives.
- Strong problem solver with analytical decision-making capability.
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong relationship management, facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Leadership skill/experience to progress efforts, with the ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity to achieve results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; CRM (will cross train on Microsoft Dynamics CRM)
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly