The SHV India Service Engineer (Lead) will be responsible for the service, repair and testing of Spellman High Voltage products to published documents such as and not limited to acceptance test procedures (ATP), manufacturing drawing, and specification control drawings.
The Service Engineer will also be requested to support the daily activities required to process repairs to meet schedules and help support daily business activities
The candidate will also be requested to be trained and setup the India facility to support the testing and repair of Spellman HV products.
Scope of Work:
The Service Engineer will be a highly creative and self- motivated professional responsible for and not limited to:
- Work with cross functional teams, global service manager, Asia Service manager and VP of Asia Operations to meet company goals and objectives for service and repair in India.
- Must be willing to travel to SHV Sites for training, global meeting etc. and be willing to travel to customer sites for field support.
- Be able to troubleshooting to component level and have a strong understanding of electronic circuits.
- Be able to lead the SHV India facility to support service and repair schedules, customer issues and daily business activities.
- Work with Service–Sales Administrator to order and maintain Inventory required for service and repair
- Ensure service related data is entered and maintained in our database
- Provide Technical Support
- Be able to train others.
- Be able to work with cross functional team and help the setup of the India facility for service and repair
- Help Identify and coordinate with local service contractors/suppliers and obtain competitive quotes for services.
- Coordinate inbound logistics in support of equipment necessary to outfit new facility
- Identify equipment installation and IT suppliers with correct certifications in compliance with SHV standards for safety and insurance
- Assist/support in identifying personnel required to operate facility
- Service personnel
- Office/logistics support
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering and two year’s experience in testing and troubleshooting electronic assemblies
- 6-8 years minimum testing and troubleshooting electronic assemblies.
- Business administration a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Good team player and leadership skills
- Service oriented
- Familiar with manufacturing and sales processes
- May be required to lift approximately 50LBS