Content Mgr., Internal Communications
Content Manager, Internal Communications
This position is remote, with occasional visits to Hauppauge, NY.
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
If you are content manager who would like to contribute to the long-term growth of a company that truly changes the world for the better, this role could be for you. We are looking for a strong communicator who can explain complex business and technology concepts in lay person’s terms, and produce journalistic stories as well as business communications for diverse internal stakeholders.
As a content manager for Spellman High Voltage, you’ll report to the Communications director and be part of a small team producing employee communications for a global audience. Responsibilities include:
- Execute storytelling facets of strategic Communications plans developed for initiatives, functions, and sites, managing their development from start to finish.
- Identify, pitch, and contribute story ideas to the editorial calendars.
- Fully develop stories, interviewing subject matter experts (SMEs) and stakeholders, and ghostwriting and authoring pieces for publication.
- Produce multimedia such as photo essays and videos to support and complement written content.
- Lay out, copy edit, proofread, and post articles and other content on the corporate intranet, in the employee newsletter, and via internal social media and other Communications channels.
- Work with the team and functional leaders and managers to amplify and cascade stories across the company.
- Support management of freelance writers on stories.
- Assist in the production of the newsletter, intranet, and other channels.
- Edit, copy edit, and proofread content.
- Contribute to user experience (UX) testing and to shaping future iterations of the intranet.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, social sciences, or general liberal arts
- 7+ years of experience in journalism, publishing, or internal communications
- Seasoned writer and editor, with a knack for translating business language, complex concepts, and scientific information into lively prose for educated lay audiences
- Track record of producing content in different formats such as articles, web pages, photo essays, and videos
- Familiarity with a variety of software such as the Microsoft Office 365 suite, web content management systems (CMS), photo editing software, and collaboration tools
- Ability to learn new software applications and patience to work with technical support to continuously troubleshoot technology used for Communications
- Ability to self-direct management of projects
- Ability to travel to Spellman corporate headquarters in Hauppauge, NY and other sites internationally on occasion, as needed
You are a person who:
- Has strong writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail, conscientious; gets even repetitive tasks done right and on time
- Is intellectually curious (able to find the deeper meaning and flesh out the full story)
- Is entrepreneurial (able to generate new ideas, prioritize, plan, and execute)
- Feels invigorated when creating new things from scratch
- Is highly conscientious, eager to tackle even the less glamourous aspects of a job
- Balances a pursuit of excellence and quality with the agility of iterative improvements and minimally viable products (MVPs)
- Able to communicate with stakeholders about the scope of projects and negotiate both strategy and timeframes.
- Experience editing and processing video for publication
- Business experience, working with various stakeholders, including leaders
- Capacity to communicate with scientists or engineers
- Additional professional experience a plus
- Master’s degree in any field a plus
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.