Parking Manager - CANADA
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary Parking Manager for 1x Production Team and/or assigned races.
- Receives guidance from the Race Director, Construction Manager, Race Project Manager (planning team) and event design to ensure a consistent and quality product.
- Coordinates the parking and traffic related planning and ensures execution of all plans within budget.
- Recruit and hire parking staff/volunteers. Expected to leverage volunteer groups and hit a budget
- Assist planning team in filing for and obtaining any permits needed for sign placement or road closures.
- Support the planning team in reconciling invoices, payment and financial documentation for parking- related rentals, hired services, purchases, etc.
- When needed, help develop parking plans and go on site visits
- “Full ownership” of parking and traffic operations including staffing, set-up and teardown of events, parking lot maintenance and coordinating pre-and post-event walkthroughs of all areas in use.
- Be primary operator of parking once onsite - highly stressful
- Responsible for preparation, set up, organization and placement of all vehicle directional signs and pedestrian signs including digital message boards and printed signage.
- Responsible for receiving and directing placement of all rented items in parking lots including toilets, dumpsters, light towers, and rented cones.
- Work directly with Outside Police to ensure proper traffic control and staffing plans.
- Responsible for traffic control of all events (ingress and egress of all vehicles and shuttles)
- Oversee hired parking labor on all events and ensures labor quantity is within the projected guideline.
- Responsible for informing and communicating event information to the Hired Park Attendant Supervisors, Cashier Supervisors, shuttle drivers, shuttle loaders, and other hired staff.
- Responsible for maintaining all equipment (signage, cones, delineators, parking tickets, wands, cash aprons, etc.) and ordering equipment for supplemental event needs or maintain inventory as needed.
- Responsible for minimizing environmental damage to property by attendees or hired staff vehicles.
- Oversee clean up of trash from all parking lots between race days and after the last race day.
- Assist onsite leadership in determining pre-event and post-event conditions for assessment of remediation requirements.
- Experience leading interdisciplinary team
- Proven Leadership and Management abilities
- Proven success in a rapidly changing, high operational tempo work environment.
- Have experience working as a Project Manager, Event Planner, or Race Director.
- Have a proven attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Possess a strong analytical mindset and approach to managing projects and problem solving.
- Have the ability to forge interdepartmental relationships and build a strong team atmosphere.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively through a multitude of mediums across the organization
- Thrive in an environment where process and doctrine are the backbone for success.
- Be proficient with the entire Microsoft Office Suite and cloud based computing software packages (Google Drive, Google Earth, Sketch-Up, etc).
Spartan Race is a high-performance organization, and successful team members must therefore possess a strong work ethic and hands-on approach to business. We are innovative, create inventive solutions, and are exceptionally service minded. Team members at Spartan change lives, and have a passion for the organization. Paramount to our organization is the maturity to embrace ambiguity and ability to adapt according to the market and the continuing innovation of the organization.
- Ability to hold one-self accountable and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
- Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships
- Proactive, solutions-oriented; capability to identify efficiencies and decrease costs while maintaining a quality workplace environment and product
- Collegial approach to a business environment and cooperative work style
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skill.