Base Camp Manager/ Mechanic Technician - CANADA
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all production tools and equipment are in good working order.
- Perform regular inspection, maintenance and repair of tools and equipment.
- Submit work orders and procurement requests for materials, tools, and other stock items.
- Maintain inventory records of select company assets.
- Manage a fleet of semi trailers including inspection, maintenance and DOT documentation.
- Prepare obstacle packages ready for deployment.
- Ensure rented heavy equipment is in good working order and assist with troubleshooting and repair.
- Oversee on-site fueling station and fueling of all equipment and vehicles.
- Unload production trailers and strategically position materials.
- Set up and maintain base camp area to serve as the event operations center.
- Support production staff requests.
- Manage transfer of materials while inventorying from trailer and base-camp to build and festival team.
- Assist with unloading of deliveries.
- Maintain records of all activities and processes pertaining to basecamp & trailers.
- Delegate and oversee duties carried out by night security and volunteers.
- Responsible for inventory and set up café (beverages and snacks on display).
- Manage errands for essential materials for on-site staff involving the use of up to 26 foot U-Haul trucks, flatbeds, and trucks.
- Pack up all cafe and cage items and ensure they are loaded into the appropriate trailers for shipping to the next event.
*This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, however, it does not restrict other tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Compliance and completion of all safety training.
- Willingness and ability to travel 11+ days at a time with approximately 100% travel.
- Frequently works 10-15+ hour days outdoors in adverse conditions for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrate full range of movement including but not limited to lifting, standing, bending, reaching, twisting, and crawling.
- Occasionally lifts, pushes, pulls, and moves equipment and material weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Be able to arrive two (2) weeks prior to the event and depart three (3) days after - first-in/last out.
- Possess excellent mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and Google Docs.
- Have experience as a dock or warehouse supervisor with shipping and receiving department experience.
- Work efficiently in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints.
- Have a proven attention to detail yet the ability to manage from a high level and often change from one task to another of a different nature.
- Have excellent problem solving skills.
Qualities required of all Spartan team members:
Spartan Race is a high-performance organization, and successful team members must therefore possess a strong work ethic and hands-on approach to business. We are innovative, create inventive solutions, and are exceptionally service minded. Team members at Spartan Race change lives, and have a passion for the organization. Paramount to the organization is the maturity to embrace ambiguity and the ability to adapt according to the market and the continuing innovation of the organization.
- Ability to hold one-self accountable and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
- Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships
- Proactive, solutions-oriented; capability to identify efficiencies and decrease costs while maintaining a quality workplace environment and product
- Collegial approach to a business environment and cooperative work style
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Valid, updated Passport