Buyer and Inventory Analyst
Sourcebooks, a leading, innovative, independent book publisher in the western suburbs of Chicago seeks an individual to join our Content Delivery department as Buyer and Inventory Analyst. We are a rapidly growing company with a wide range of great books and energetic and creative employees.
The Buyer will be responsible for:
- Maintaining inventory levels, provide inventory direction on a title by title basis, and executing title recommendations
- Requesting and evaluating vendor quotes to determine most desirable suppliers
- Purchasing, negotiating, and managing schedules with multiple vendors
- Partnering with art and production teams to assess project requirements and develop cost effective solutions to achieve desired goals
- Managing pre-production issues and ensuring timely communication with vendors
- Resolving quality and delivery issues with suppliers
- Supporting additional purchasing functions for Sourcebooks, including non-book, display, digital and print-on-demand products
- Producing best overall book package while maintaining delivery deadlines
The ideal candidate will:
- Have highly developed project management skills - Juggling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines is essential to success in this position
- Be experienced and skilled in negotiation
- Be skilled at building partnerships with internal teams as well as outside vendors
- Maintain a solutions focused mentality when dealing with competing priorities
- Pay attention to all the details
- Be able to respond quickly and decisively to the needs of any project or task
- Be both creative and budget conscious and will be able to apply each appropriately depending on needs of the project.
- Demonstrate exemplary communication and follow through skills
Qualified individuals will have 3-5 years of relevant experience or a degree in project management, business, or communications. Previous experience in media or book publishing experience a plus, but not required. Must have computer proficiency with MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
Our culture is driven by energetic thinkers who possess leadership qualities and the desire for personal growth. If you possess these qualities, come grow with us! Please submit your resume, letter of interest, and salary history/requirements.
One of the most admired and innovative publishing companies in the United States, Sourcebooks was founded in 1987 and has developed a reputation for exciting programs and amazing content. We publish over 300 new titles each year and are honored to have more than 40 New York Times bestsellers, and one of the world’s top personalized book platforms in Put Me In The Story.
We are creating significant growth because our employees share a belief that hard work and cooperation create momentum, and that new marketplace realities require an entrepreneurial, innovative, and flexible mentality. We thrive on our collaborative culture and are guided by the talents, passions and innovations of Sourcebooks employees. Together we work to achieve great results by exceeding the expectations of our customers.
The book world is changing and as an industry-leading innovator, we are committed to exploring the possibilities of all formats – print, digital, and those as yet undiscovered! But the thing that never changes is our belief that Books Change Lives.
Sourcebooks is an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.