Senior Marketing and Publicity Associate - Children's or YA
Senior Marketing & Publicity Associate – Children’s or YA
Sourcebooks is home to two of the fastest-growing children’s and young adult publishing programs in the industry, with dozens of bestsellers and award-winning authors. We are looking for two new team members help take our business to the next level!
Working within the Sourcebooks Kids & YA impact marketing team, the Senior Marketing & Publicity Associates – one focused on children’s books, the other dedicated to young adult – will develop highly creative, fun, and impactful marketing & PR campaigns for some our biggest books, authors, and brands. We’re looking for someone who can be a champion for our books and authors, and can see the bigger picture in terms of how books fit into the wider entertainment landscape and shape society and culture.
This exciting role is perfect for anyone who wants to be a leader and make real impact, who is passionate about books, and is constantly conveying that enthusiasm to others. If you are innovative and creative and a team player, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
You can work from our offices in Naperville IL, New York City or Remote from NY, IL, CT, AZ, TN, TX, NE, WI
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING…
- Creating and implementing multi-faceted marketing & publicity campaigns that leave readers desperate to read the books you are promoting. You will convince media to cover your books, develop and foster deep relationships with influencers who can share your excitement, and find new and innovative ways to reach readers
- Collaborate closely with authors to drive strategy and maximize campaign effectiveness, creating a roadmap for authors to expand their own platforms to promote their book(s) in big and exciting ways
- Creating and implementing social media and influencer strategies that generate virality, increase follower counts and engagement, activate word of mouth and drive sales
- Collaborating with the digital, library and indie bookseller teams on campaigns that generate buzz and awareness, and create deep connections with readers with books
YOU’LL BE A GREAT FIT IF YOU HAVE…
- Excellent writing, content creation, and communication skills
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, communications, or publicity
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and work flexibly and quickly
- Ability to work independently while contributing to department goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Knowledge of social media platforms as leveraged for author promotion
Our culture is driven by energetic thinkers who possess leadership qualities and the desire for personal growth. If you possess these qualities, there’s no limit to how far and how fast you can grow!
Please submit your resume with a cover letter that includes 3 books that changed your life.
Sourcebooks, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.