Sourcebooks, an independent publishing house located in Naperville, IL, is creating significant growth because our employees share a belief that books change lives, that hard work and cooperation create momentum, and that new marketplace realities require an entrepreneurial, innovative, and flexible mentality. If you share those beliefs, come drive innovation and growth with us!
We are seeking an outstanding individual to join our editorial department as an Assistant Editor. This is a brand new position in our vibrantly growing Sourcebooks Kids group! Our editorial group is a hands-on, entrepreneurial team in which members work together closely to accomplish all steps of widely varying projects on typically short schedules. In short, it may be the most fun you’ll ever have in publishing!
An outstanding Assistant Editorial will:
- Work closely in collaboration with senior members of editorial on managing schedules and development of materials
- Prepare copy for book covers, launch sheets, catalog pages, ARCs, other metadata development as requested
- Serve as an instrumental part of team, offering suggestions for new ideas, partnerships and projects, and delivering readers books that both inform and delight!
- Oversee on-time hand-off delivery of editorial materials to our content delivery team
- Help manage key author communications
- Proactively take on additional responsibility
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 1-3 years of publishing experience
- Be a self-starter. Exhibiting initiative, leadership, and a strong desire to grow in book and product development.
- Play well with others. Seriously, we’re a hard-working team who also happen to be pretty nice.
- Juggle and coordinate. We want a clear communicator who is detail-oriented, organized and can keep short- and long-term projects on schedules while following through on deadlines.
- Love books, and in particular books for kids! This is a must.
- Be creative. We love children’s books, so a love of visual art as well as a love of language would be great.
If you are interested in being part of this creatively driven, growing team, please send a cover letter of interest, salary requirements, and a resume.
Sourcebooks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.