Location: Marlow, United Kingdom
ITAM Practice Lead
Competitive plus excellent benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a SAM Intelligence Consultant, you’ll work with customers to provide proactive remote and on-site SAM services. This role has the support of the wider Asset Intelligence Services team, and training will be provided depending on experience. We support a variety of customers, and as you progress you can expect to work with increasingly high-profile and rewarding organisations.
You’ll perform Microsoft ELPs and lisence optimisation projects for customers, host monthly calls and meetings to assist customers, and you'll produce monthly reports for customers using data from Snow and ongoing tracking of tasks agreed with the customer. You'll need to liaise with vendors, customers and internal resource where required to ensure accurate entitlement and contract information is kept up to date and you'll work closely with customers to ensure they are achieving the maximum value from their assets.
What we need from you:
- Ideally, you’ll need demonstrable experience of Microsoft licensing models and schematics
- Experience of producing Microsoft ELPs is preferable, but training can be provided depending on experience
- You will be expected to work towards the Microsoft SAM MCP qualification if not currently held
- Licensing knowledge of Microsoft, Adobe and/or VMware is essential
- Experience of Hardware Asset Management would be advantageous, as would experience of license management & discovery tools (e.g. Snow Software, MAPs, SCCM)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-sufficient and innovative, with the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Full driving licence
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.