Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Operations Team
The OperationsTeam are responsible for building and maintaining strong and trusted relationships with suppliers. This enables us to strategically source products to fulfil customer demand. The team will analyse requirements to onboard new suppliers and negotiate commercials, this ensures Softcat are receiving favourable pricing and service.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Be part of a team that enables business growth
This fast-paced role will give you an insight to how the IT Supply Chain operates. Also, how supplier and vendor relationships are key to every part of our business. You will work with a wide variety of contacts both externally and internally across many different areas of the business
As an Operations Executive, you’ll be responsible for:
- Supplier Management – Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with suppliers. Ensuring we receive the best service and commercials in the channel.
- Vendor Management – Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with vendors. Ensuring we are achieving the highest partner status available and maximising rebate and deal registration opportunities
- Commercial responsibility - Responsible for tracking and collecting rebates to ensure they’re accurate and paid on time
- Onboarding New Suppliers – Assessing the requirements for onboarding new suppliers followed by full onboarding process once an application is approved
- Drive best practises within the business around preferred supplier routes
What we need from you
- Experience in Strategic Sourcing, Procurement or Supply Chain roles
- Market awareness around the IT industry and knowledge of the IT channel
- Confident at building relationship with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised and process driven
- Ability to run reports and analyse data using Excel
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefits include:
- Great Maternity, Paternity and Adoption support
- Max employer pension contributions of 5%
- Share incentive plan
- Life assurance
- Buy extra holiday plus an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday
- Technology vouchers, activity passes, restaurant discount cards
- Option to add your partner/family to some of the benefits
- Access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all perks and flexible benefits
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact [email protected] directly if you require a full job description