UC Network Support Engineer
Support Team Leader
Competitive plus benefits
We're aiming to recruit this role to start immediately, subject to Covid-19 office restrictions.
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a UC Network Support Engineer, you’ll be working within our Network and Security Support Team providing 2nd line technical support for Voice/Unified Communication issues, predominantly linked to Cisco technologies. You will take ownership of each issue to troubleshoot and fix the problem, where appropriate working with the wider team and vendor to ensure the customer receives excellent service by driving each issue through to resolution.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide technical support for all Cisco network and security customers, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving incidents to their conclusion, ensuring adherence to agreed SLAs and escalating to the vendor where required
- Assist with raising TAC cases to Cisco where a fix, patch or workaround cannot be identified or found.
- Provide hardware support and warranty management.
- Working with both the Service Desk & Support and Services Integration teams on Customer and Internal projects, where necessary
- When required, attend the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Problem Reviews
What we need from you
- CCNA Collaboration
- Good knowledge of UCCX/Unity/Jabber
- Existing routing and switching skills
- A desire to provide outstanding customer experience
- Background of providing network telephone support to either internal or external customers
- Practical experience of router and switch configuration
- Knowledge of ARC Console/CUIC is desirable
- Experience with F5 Networks would be advantageous
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.