Location: London, United Kingdom Marlow, Buckinghamshire Birmingham, United Kingdom Manchester, United Kingdom Leeds, United Kingdom Glasgow, United Kingdom Whiteley, United Kingdom Bristol, United Kingdom
Reports to: Microsoft Team Leader
Salary: Competitive with benefits
The Azure team are a subset of the wider Microsoft licensing team within Softcat, working alongside Sales Account managers to support customers expedite their cloud adoption. Undertaking a pragmatic approach to a customers business and technical requirements, mean that engagements with customers continually drive a repeatable outcome to customers satisfaction and continue to drive further engagements with the closely aligned Professional Service team within Softcat.
Success. The Softcat way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We’ve reached the £1 billion revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards. We’ve got even bigger plans for the future. So, if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career.
The Azure Solution Specialist role requires close engagement with our account managers to assist in the consumption of Microsoft Azure services, which naturally drives an increase in the sales of Azure revenue and consumption led services.
You will also be expected to engage with a subset of Softcats largest Azure customers, to provide a continual value add approach, providing further support on any commercial or technical changes to benefit the customer, whilst also being the primary contact around additional services and projects the customer is seeking to undertake.
What we need from you
- Have an existing broad understanding of technologies across networks, security, datacentre and cloud
- Experience of conducting customer meetings, whiteboarding and documenting solutions
- A passion for technology and for making technology work for businesses
- A strong desire to maintain your knowledge
- Ability to underwrite and ratify technical designs at high and low level
- Excellent communications skills, particularly with customers
- A desire to share your knowledge and experience with those around you, particularly the members of the wider team
- A good level of business awareness and commercial acumen
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritization skills
- Experience of leading customer-facing technical workshops, and contributing to proposals and tender responses
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply.
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.