Technical Delivery Lead
Project Manager / IT Development Manager
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Softcat have recently started a major project to replace their current ERP system with Oracle NetSuite. As well as creating the integration between NetSuite and Softcat’s other core business systems the programme includes a significant amount of systems re-architecture with the adoption of modern technologies to support the company’s expansion and future growth.
This internal systems re-architecture will be the focus of your role as Technical Delivery Lead. Working alongside strategic partner resources and Softcat’s own IT development team you will drive the successful delivery of multiple workstreams across Data Management, Integration, BI and Web Apps. Your grounding in a technical management role coupled with strong project delivery experience will enable you to oversee all appropriate design, development and test activities and provide meaningful input and support to the teams as you do so.
Working at a detailed and hands-on level with business analysts, solution architects, developers and testers you will ensure that project activities are underpinned by a clear set of tasks which can be fed into each sprint cycle. You will play a key role at project reviews feeding progress, risks and issues into the Project Manager and IT leadership team.
Initially you will be expected to quickly understand business and technical requirements from existing specifications and will play an active role alongside our business analysts and architects as we push towards low level technical design specifications. You will also need to challenge existing business requirements and HL designs based on your experience of ‘what good looks like’ from previous projects.
What we need from you
- Extensive full project lifecycle experience of implementing business systems working as a development manager (or similar) in demanding environments
- Expert knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle – you will know ‘what good looks like’ at each point of the cycle with emphasis on quality of documentation and handover between each stage
- Strong communication and management skills – both verbal and written
- Demonstrable exposure to core business applications such as CRM, ERP, Finance, Service Management, BI/MI, and bespoke in-house solutions
- Strong experience of specifying UIs, business rules and conceptual/logical data models to support functional and technical specifications
- Being a self-starter and capable of self-management
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.