Business Development Manager - Dell Technologies (Entry Level)
Would you like to be part of a team that enables business growth?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Vendor Alliance Team
The Vendor Alliance team is responsible for the day-to-day relationship, management, and engagement; of a select number of Softcat’s top vendor partners. The Vendor Alliance team ensures that we have the best partnerships at all levels of vendor engagement, driving a consistent, proactive, and collaborative message into Softcat. Working to enable Softcat, they plan and execute against joint business objectives to drive mutual growth. The team is now forty strong and growing, spanning all Softcat locations, providing a service to every function within the organisation.
The Vendor Alliance team is fundamental to providing Softcat with the expertise, resource, and relationship base that allows continuous growth from one of our key vendors.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There’s a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That’s because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Take ownership of our Dell Technologies Partnership
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key resource in discovering, developing, supporting and helping to close new business opportunities amongst the extensive Softcat sales organisation. You will be responsible for collaborating with the Dell Technologies sales team and will be extending the reach of Dell Technologies across our partner community and customer base. The individual will be driving marketing activities and sales enablement whilst having a comprehensive knowledge of how Dell Technologies operates commercially.
As a Dell Technology Business Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working on opportunities across Enterprise and Mid-Market white space customers and supporting the JBP (joint business plan)
- Managing the sales funnel and proactive pipeline management with regular communication back to the relevant teams
- Acting as main point of contact for sales related activity with Dell Technologies Account Management team
- Training & educating the sales teams on Dell Technologies and the products
- Acting as a gateway between the specialist teams and the sales teams and supporting the sales opportunities whilst working on multiple deals and campaigns
- A strong requirement to collaborate with the Dell Technologies sales team primarily focussed on the Northern region
What we need from you
- Previous experience in a customer facing sales role
- A passion for technology and how it can enable businesses
- The proactivity to take ownership of your own business area
- The confidence to present and run largescale training and sales enablement sessions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across multiple business areas
- The ability to build rapport quickly with both internal and external stakeholders
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact [email protected] directly if you require a full job description