Credit Control Team Leader
Competitive with excellent benefits
Softcat offers a big future to ambitious people in a diverse range of roles: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals. If you’re ready to give your all, Softcat is where you’ll get more from your career.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses, and a company that feels like a family – with buzzing office locations, lots going on socially and a real sense of working together and achieving together.
We are looking for a Credit Controller to strengthen our team, and to take on collections for approximately 300-400 accounts. You will be solely looking after a Public Sector ledger. The main purpose of the role is to collect overdue payments whilst still maintaining the high levels of customer care, which our customers have become accustomed too, and which Softcat prides itself on.
What you’ll be doing
- Building and sustaining strong relationships with our Customers, Sales teams and also with the other business operation departments within Softcat
- Chasing and collecting payment of invoices that are owed to Softcat
- Have the ability to work on your own, to secure these payments by both telephone and E-mail collection.
- Work closely with both the Sales team and Customer Service team, to help resolve any queries that are bought to your attention by our customers
- Updating our internal systems, to make sure thorough notes are kept on all forms of communication relating to each customer
- Monitoring and liaising with Sales for potential problem accounts / overdue accounts
- Work closely with Credit Assessment to report overdue / problem accounts
- Work under direction of, and reporting to your Team Leader and the Credit Control Manager
- Using customer Portals to upload invoice information
Full training will be provided for the right candidate.
Skills & Experience
- A proven record of Credit Control work, with the ability to hit the ground running
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of dealing with the Public Sector (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for working with people and the ability to quickly build and sustain strong relationships. Effective negotiation skills – Accounts Payable Assistant through to Director level
- Strong planning, organisation and administration skills with use of internal systems and Excel
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Able to manage conflict in a balanced manner
- Full understanding of how the admin teams work together to support our Sales teams
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story,