Azure Engineer L3
Looking to join a team that innovates through technology?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our CloudOps team
The CloudOps team is a group of highly skilled cloud engineers, who work in partnership with our customers to solve complex support issues. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service by putting the customer at centre of all we do.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Grow our business by hiring top talent
As a level 3 Azure Engineer you will be responsible for solving complex technical issues for our customers. Support the more inexperienced members of the team through technical mentoring and training sessions. Write technical articles to ensure that all members of the team can benefit from your working knowledge of public cloud.
As an Azure Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing daily support for both incident and changes across our customers’ estates including on-call rota
- Providing transition support for Azure Cloud environments
- Azure platform, and OS changes of low to high complexity
- Troubleshooting issues of the highest complexity, and where required liaise with other internal teams
- Driving strong customer satisfaction (NPS) through Exceptional Support
- Supporting the success and development of others in the team
What we need from you
- Background in Azure and/or demonstrative hosting-specific technical skills: Compute and Networking, Storage and Content Delivery, Database, Administration and Security, Deployment and Management, Application Services, Analytics, Mobile Services
- Working knowledge of Azure Products & Services: Relational and NoSQL Databases, Caching, Object and Block Storage, Scaling, Load Balancing, CDNs, Networking etc
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows or Linux operating systems (RHEL, CentOS and Ubuntu) or strong Networking skills
- Advanced understanding of central networking concepts: VLANs, layer2/3 routing, access lists & load balancing
- Good understanding of design of native Cloud applications, Cloud application design patterns and practices
- Strong working knowledge of IaC - ARM Templates, Terraform
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate (Exam AZ-104 or equivalent)
- Specialization or expert level certification - Security Operations Analyst Associate, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, DevOps Engineer Expert
Please note, you’ll be put through SC clearance upon hire, so you’ll need to possess either an existing SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo the vetting for such clearance.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact [email protected] directly if you require a full job description