Location: London, United Kingdom Birmingham, United Kingdom Bristol, United Kingdom Glasgow, United Kingdom Leeds, United Kingdom London, United Kingdom Manchester, United Kingdom Marlow, Buckinghamshire Whiteley, United Kingdom
Team Lead – Solutions Architecture
Competitive plus excellent benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We’ve reached the £1 billion revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards. We’ve got even bigger plans for the future. So, if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career.
As Solutions Architect you’ll be a growing part of our process for designing compelling solutions to our customers’ business and technical problems. It’s a pivotal role, engaging with our larger customers and on sizeable projects, helping with technology strategy, mapping technology solutions to business requirements, high and low level design and acting as technical design authority.
What we need from you
- A proven background in presales, professional services and solutions design from your previous Subject Matter Expert role
- Industry recognised expert or architectural certifications and experience
- Experience of leading customer-facing technical workshops, and contributing to proposals and tender responses
- Knowledge of key technology vendors, their capabilities and standing in the industry
- Have an existing broad understanding of technologies across networks, security, datacentre and cloud
- Experience of conducting customer meetings, whiteboarding and documenting solutions
- Ability to underwrite and ratify technical designs at high and low level
- Excellent communications skills, particularly with customers
- A good level of business awareness and commercial acumen
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday!
To become part the success story, please apply now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.