Cyber Security Operations Manager
Head of Asset Intelligence Services
Competitive plus benefits
We're aiming to recruit this role to start immediately, subject to Covid-19 office restrictions.
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Working as part of our Security Intelligence team, you’ll be accountable for the team currently supporting the resolution of complex incidents, customer management, threat hunting and developing our security intelligence services (as part of an Agile team, through pre-defined use cases). You’ll be the highest escalation point for the security intelligence team, supporting the existing analysts, along with undertaking service development and supporting the Security Intelligence Practice Lead.
What we need from you
- Previous 24/7 Cyber Security Operations management and leadership capability
- Demonstrable experience working within an externally facing, multi-customer SOC/Cyber Operations environment within a Managed Security Service Provider organisation (preferred) or Managed Service Provider
- Relevant Security industry certifications, CISSP/CISM, etc… (preferred)
- Security Administration / Architecture experience preferred, inc cloud (preferred)
- Hands-on experience with SIEM platforms, such as Alien Vault, Security Analytics, Splunk, or ArcSight
- Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of sophisticated threat actor methodologies, along with experience in incident response and forensic investigations
- Must have the ability and prior experience with analysing information technology events. This includes the identification of malicious code and malicious activities present within a customer computer system and/or network environment
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with ability to translate and deliver technical information to a non-technical audience
- Possess a working knowledge of common network communications and routing protocols along with common internet applications and standards
- Maintain up to date knowledge and an awareness of security trends, keeping abreast of new risks, through self-education and attendance to industry seminars, to ensure ongoing security risk analysis and the implementation of technical systems and procedures to minimise risk
- Pragmatic approach in identifying and evaluating new tools sets that will help us drive SOAR
- Clear experience of vendor/partner management in the Cyber Security world
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy an extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now! Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.