Microsoft Sales Specialist (Graduate/Entry-Level)
Reports To: Microsoft Sales Team Leader
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
The Microsoft Team represents a key vendor within the Softcat portfolio. We actively provide licensing and commercial guidance in our Microsoft sales engagements. This is underpinned by the operational and contractual expertise within the team, spanning both corporate and Public Sector licensing sales.
Success. The Softcat way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We’ve recently passed the £1 billion pa revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards.
We’ve got even bigger plans for the future - so if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career. You’ll find a diverse range of careers: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals.
As a Microsoft Sales Executive you will be focusing on selling our Microsoft portfolio (Licensing and Products) to our SMB customers. You will work alongside our Corporate Account Management team to support them on opportunities with their customers that are specific to Microsoft technology. You will become an expert in Microsoft solutions and will continually utilise this knowledge to ensure you are giving the best advice to customers, whilst still maintaining a competitive advantage.
Key responsibilities include:
- You will work alongside our Dublin Account Managers, engaging on a 1:1 basis with a pre-defined set of targeted customers. Helping to progress and manage opportunities, through all sales stages and to closure
- You will be expected to assist on customer meetings and conference calls
- You will be expected to create cost models, write proposals and create and delivering customer presentations (How quickly this happens will depend on your level of experience, readiness and aptitude)
- You will be responding to internal and customer emails about Microsoft products and associated licensing
- Represent Softcat at company/industry events as needed
- Running Microsoft specific training sessions and webinars for Softcat Account Managers and our customers
- Writing blog posts for softcat.com about Microsoft’s new products
What we need from you
- Previous Sales/Customer facing experience is required
- Excellent communications and relationship building skills, particularly with customers
- The confidence to present in customer meetings, either face to face or virtual
- The ability to learn Microsoft technology in depth and become a specialist in your area
- A passion for technology
- A strong desire to maintain your knowledge.
- A good level of business awareness and commercial acumen.
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritization skills.
- A desire to share your knowledge and experience with those around you, particularly the members of the wider team.
Work in a way that works for youWe recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests
- Working flexible hours – we are flexible about your start times and end times each day
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply online now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.