Solutions Architect I - HCI
Infrastructure Design Team Leader
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a Solutions Architect I focusing on hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI), you will work as a member of Solutions Design department to translate a client’s business requirements into innovative, thoughtful and well-designed solutions, making use of the latest hyperconverged technology principals delivered either on premise or via a public or private cloud offering. You will be a Subject Matter Expert, which means constantly striving to be at the top of your game in the latest hyperconverged technologies and methodologies. Although hyperconverged should be your primary skillset, being able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the whole gamut of Solution Design (compute, storage, networking, BC/DR, software, cloud, virtualisation, management and infrastructure) is a core part of the role.
What we need from you
- Demonstrate experience of compute and storage design around hyperconverged technologies. Experience with Nutanix and/or VMware vSAN would be of benefit
- As a leader in the organisation, you'll be responsible for building and developing a diverse and inclusive team
- Qualification and certifications consummate to the experience of the individual. Professional certification in compute and storage and especially Nutanix or VMware (i.e. NCP-MCI, NCM-MCI, NCSE, VCP, VCAP) would be valuable additions to a successful candidate’s application
- Proficient use vendor specific applications and sizing tools
- Consultative skills, with the ability to identify customer position, requirements and business needs
To become part of the success story, please apply below now! Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.