Checkpoint Support Engineer
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, energetic and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Service Desk and Support team
The Service Desk and Support team are a proficient, fast-paced and exciting team who are committed to providing excellent customer service.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
As a Checkpoint Support Engineer, you’ll be working within our Networking & Security Support Team providing 2nd/3rd line technical support.
As Checkpoint Support Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Diagnosing and resolving incidents to their conclusion, ensuring adherence to agreed SLAs and escalating to partners or vendors where required
- Designing, reviewing, validating and implementing configuration changes on behalf of customers to ensure their desired outcome is achieved
- Taking the technical lead on any Check Point related issues for customers and ensure knowledge share with the wider team
- Liaising with other Operations Centre engineers and 3rd Party suppliers for issues around networking and security outside of Check Point technologies
- Assisting with the onboarding of new Managed customers
- Being a part of an on-call roster to provide out of hours technical support
What we need from you
- Excellent testing, troubleshooting and analytical skills to isolate problems and implement solutions
- Previous experience with ongoing support and configuration of Checkpoint applications enterprise deployments
- Strong verbal and written communication - must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation and customers
- Experience in the IT Support industry, preferably in a Managed Service environment
Please note, you’ll be put through SC clearance upon hire, so you’ll need to possess either an existing SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo the vetting for such clearance.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact [email protected] directly if you require a full job description