DevOps - Cloud Database Engineer
Would you like to be part of a team that is growing?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our DevOps team
The DevOps team deliver complete technical cloud solutions to our customers using leading edge technology. We are a skilled team of cloud system developers, software engineers, architects, and support engineers. Our solutions range from high level design to full deployment and ongoing support and management.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Support Softcat and our clients to succeed
As our founder Cloud Database Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing our processes to successfully migrate On-Prem customer databases to Microsoft Azure. You will be involved in customer design workshops from inception, working with our Architects and Cloud Specialists to ensure a smooth transition for our customers.
As DevOps Cloud Database Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, and documenting processes to migrate on-premies relational databases and data to the Cloud
- Designing, developing, and documenting processes, procedures, and tools for diagnosing and fixing known bugs and problems
- Performing database capacity and usage planning
- Collaborating with Infrastructure and applications teams on efforts to improve database security, performance, and availability
- Ensuring all migration related incidents are recorded timely, accurately, and prioritised
- Resolving incidents, issues, and problems, alone and through collaboration with other team members
- Configuring database continuous integration and delivery pipelines in partnership with the Customer Reliability Engineering team
- Experience in engineering, administering, and managing multiple relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Coding and development experience using SQL and PL/SQL languages
- Extensive experience with Azure services (networking, VM, Storage, Data Migration Assistant and ARM templates etc.)
- Hands-on AzureSQL and Azure CosmosDB experience
- MS Exam DP-300: Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure
Please note, you’ll be put through SC clearance upon hire, so you’ll need to possess either an existing SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo the vetting for such clearance.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact [email protected] directly if you require a full job description