Microsoft Engineer Tier 3
Join our Cloud, OS & Applications Team
The Team is fast-paced and exciting, who are committed to providing excellent customer service while assisting industry leading customers in their complex support requirements. We support a multitude of technologies across the Microsoft stack, which include Azure, Office 365 and some on premises workloads.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.
Support Softcat and our clients to succeed.
Responsible for investigating support cases escalated by the service desk support team and managing them to resolution. Supporting Microsoft cloud technologies in line with customer requirements, alongside a small amount of project-based work focussed specifically around Azure.
- Resolve support calls originating from managed services customers in line with the operations centre SLA’s.
- Proactively manage ticket updates to all customers, 3rd parties and vendors through to resolution
- Meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as set by the Cloud, OS & Apps Team Leader
- Maintain high levels of incident ownership through the incident lifecycle to a satisfactory customer resolution.
- Working to ITIL best practices following agreed processes and procedures
What we need from you
- Excellent customer service and written skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well within a team.
- Demonstrable knowledge of supporting the full Office 365 stack (MS-030 beneficial)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure (AZ-900 or AZ-100 beneficial)
- Ability to manage on premises Microsoft server technologies and roles.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours.
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now.
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact [email protected] directly if you require a full job description.