Azure Engineer - Linux
Would you like to be part of a team that is growing?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our CloudOps Team
The CloudOps team is a group of highly skilled cloud engineers, who work in partnership with our customers to solve complex support issues. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service by putting the customer at centre of all we do
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
As an Azure Engineer (Linux) you will be responsible for solving Linux related support issues for our customers, as well as providing 1st/2nd line support for Azure problems.
As Azure Engineer – Linux, you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing daily support for both incident and changes across our customers’ estates
- Providing transition support for Azure Cloud environments
- Dealing with Azure platform changes of low to med complexity
- Troubleshooting issues of moderate complexity
- Dealing with OS level changes of moderate complexity
- Driving strong customer satisfaction (NPS) through Exceptional Support
- Owning incidents from inception to resolution, enlisting the help of other Softcat teams where required
What we need from you
- Excellent working knowledge of Linux OS, systems administration/engineering skills (RHEL, CentOS and Ubuntu)
- Experience of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet and IaC
- An understanding of Azure and/or demonstrative hosting-specific technical skills: Compute and Networking, Storage and Content Delivery, Database, Administration and Security, Deployment and Management, Application Services, Analytics, Mobile Services.
- Programming/Scripting experience. E.g. Python, Ruby
- Understanding of design of native Cloud applications, Cloud application design patterns and practices are a benefit
- Certifications: Linux Professional Institute - LPIC-2 Red Had Certified Engineer – RHC
Please note, you’ll be put through SC clearance upon hire, so you’ll need to possess either an existing SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo the vetting for such clearance.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact [email protected] directly if you require a full job description