Location: Manchester, United Kingdom Birmingham, United Kingdom
Enterprise Sales Director
Competitive + performance-based bonus structure
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing and high performing part of Softcat’s business as an Enterprise Sales Specialist – North.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
You will be working proactively with physical and virtual teams, helping our Account Managers and Specialists to sell into new customers as well as growing our business with existing customers. You would be mobile, travelling as required to maximise effective customer engagements. Your focus will be to support our Account Managers to identify, qualify, grow, bid for, present, close and deliver Softcat services and solutions into the Enterprise market. You will also get involved in helping our Enterprise Sales Director with key projects and sales initiatives, liaising with the Sales Continuous Improvement team where necessary. Your experience, focus and dedication will contribute to the overall success into our largest customers across the Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow and Dublin regions.
What we need from you
- Track record of motivating and leading teams to perform and meet targets
- Proven, strong communication skills to help get the most from internal, external and customer stakeholders
- The ability to adapt your style as you work with junior and established members of our teams
- At least five years hands-on experience with Enterprise customer sales (Account Manager or Specialist role)
- The ability to negotiate and close opportunities with customers
- Commercially astute, balancing short-term gross profits with long-term partnerships
- Comfortable with interpreting data to support the strategy and help guide week to week tactics as required
- Experience working with support functions such as Marketing, Sales Continuous Improvement and the Bid Team
- Good understanding of IT and strong vendor relationships, to support AMs and our Alliances business.
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.