Location: Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Cisco Support Engineer (Shift)
Support Team Leader
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a Cisco Support engineer, you will be primarily responsible for investigating Cisco related support issues and escalating, where necessary, to the relevant internal team or vendor. As expected, on any support team it can be challenging but is also extremely rewarding when you see the issue through to resolution.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide technical support for all Cisco network and security customers, troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving incidents to their conclusion, ensuring adherence to agreed SLAs and escalating to the vendor where required
- Assist with raising TAC cases to Cisco where a fix, patch or workaround cannot be identified or found.
- Provide hardware support and warranty management.
- Working with both the Service Desk & Support and Services Integration teams on Customer and Internal projects, where necessary
- When required, attend the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Problem Reviews
What we need from you
- Existing Cisco networking skills
- A desire to provide outstanding customer experience
- Background of providing network telephone support to either internal or external customers
- CCNP / Cisco Certified Network Professional (R&S)
- CCNA / Cisco Certified Network Associate (Security)
- Practical experience of router and switch configuration
- Experience with F5 Networks
- Experience with Cisco Collaboration
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.