Category Buyer - Microsoft - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, energetic and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Procurement Team
The Procurement department are responsible for processing all customer orders whilst achieving high standards of order accuracy. We are a highly motivated group of individuals who collectively work together, to ensure that our reputation as a first-class Procurement team is upheld.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There’s a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That’s because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Be part of a team that enables business growth
As a Microsoft Category Buyer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Processing high value, high impact orders using comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft. A thorough understanding of complex order processes
- Using comprehensive knowledge of agreements and products to provide expert guidance to Account Managers and customers
- Working directly with Microsoft and fostering collaborative relationships to ensure on time targets are met
- Supporting and understanding programme/product/price changes
- Pro- actively manage any risks to the business caused by non-compliance
What we need from you
Prior Microsoft experience is an essential aspect for this position
- Self-management of workload and time scales is imperative. To ensure vendor targets are met by prioritising and placing orders on time
- An in-depth knowledge of all Microsoft programmes and operational processes
- At least demonstrable experience working with software & cloud vendors
- Experience within a procurement department is advantageous but not as necessary as programmatic knowledge
- Excellent Excel skills to support with cloud billing and reporting
- Independent working and confidence in pro-active problem solving and advise
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
- Great Maternity, Paternity and Adoption support
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact [email protected] directly if you require a full job description