Location: London, United Kingdom
Solutions Architect – Datacentre & Infrastructure
Team Lead – Solutions Architecture
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
The Solutions Architect role is a growing part of our process for designing compelling solutions to our customers’ business and technical problems. A pivotal role, engaging with our larger customers and on sizeable projects, helping with technology strategy, mapping technology solutions to business requirements, high and low level design and acting as technical design authority.
You will be helping to understand, scope and document customers’ business and technical requirements; producing designs, configurations, and input into solutions proposals, along with implementing guidelines, documentation as well as reference material. Your expertise will feed into our wider technology strategy.
What we need from you
- A proven background in presales, professional services and solutions design from previous SME roles
- Technical SME areas covering Compute, Storage and Virtualisation
- Have an existing broad understanding of technologies across networks, security, datacentre and cloud
- Experience of conducting customer meetings, whiteboarding and documenting solutions
- Ability to underwrite and ratify technical designs at high and low level
- Industry recognised expert or architectural certifications and experience
- Experience of leading customer-facing technical workshops, and contributing to proposals and tender responses
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.