Senior Bank Compliance Officer, CRA Officer
Who we are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
This leader participates in the administration and improvement of the Company’s Compliance Management Program for the SoFi Banking division. This includes collaboration with compliance leads for deposit, open and closed end consumer lending, and mortgage lending to maintain a world-class banking compliance program. This role also leads the Community Reinvestment Act program and will be the banks CRA Officer. This role serves as a trusted business advisor, consulting with and guiding company personnel in the establishment and maintenance of a strong control environment to mitigate risks to the banks customers and the bank. Meaningful partnership with the business units responsible for driving the growth of the bank will be critical to effectiveness in the role.
What you’ll do:
- Day-to-day responsibility for management and ongoing evolution of the firm's Compliance Management Program and oversee compliance risk management obligations under the OCC and other applicable regulatory guidance.
- Lead the bank’s CRA Program.
- Researching a broad range regulatory risks, documenting analysis, and communicating recommended or required action
- Assisting with the development, maintenance, and documentation of policies, procedures, process workflows and standard operating procedures
- Assisting with the management of improvement initiatives from a structural, functional, and organizational change management perspective
- Preparing comprehensive management reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing large quantities of data
- Participate in Management Committees as an observer or voting member
- Provide one-on-one education and group trainings on compliance regulations, policies, procedures, and industry best practices relating to compliance.
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- 8-10+ years of relevant work experience
- Extensive knowledge of federal statutory and regulatory framework, including key consumer and wealth management regulations (e.g., Truth-in-Lending Act, Truth-in-Savings Act, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Housing Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Electronic Funds Transfer Act, Community Reinvestment Act, Federal Trade Commission Act, OCC guidelines and regulations on predatory and abusive lending, privacy, complaint management, cash management, anti-money laundering and other suspicious activities, etc.)
- Degree from an accredited university or significant relevant experience
- Excellent oral and communication skills; must be able to effectively articulate regulatory risks and proposed mitigation
- Prior experience managing a bank CRA program
- Ability to analyze and interpret rules, regulations, and policies
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding ability to develop and foster cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong work ethic and ability to remain motivated in an independent work environment
- A passion for compliance
Nice to have:
- Credential such as CRCM, CAMS, CGSS, CIPP or other bank related function is valuable
- Project management experience or understanding of managing a project portfolio
- Prior international banking service expansion experience is desirable
- Payments systems expertise
Why you’ll love working here
Competitive salary packages and bonuses
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
Generous vacation and holidays
Paid parental leave for eligible employees
401(k) and education on retirement planning
Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.