Director of University Recruiting
Who we are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
SoFi is looking for our first Director of University Recruiting to help us build out our internship program and create entry points into our company for new grads. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys being both creative and strategic and who has a true passion for talent acquisition, diversity, and inclusion. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a University Recruiting role. This component is fundamental to improving our quality of hire across the company, as well as in accelerating our goal of building out a well-rounded diversity and including recruiting practice.
What you’ll do:
- You will create and drive our end-to-end recruiting strategy for interns and new grads with a focus on leveraging relationships with student organizations to give candidates of all walks of life an opportunity to engage with SoFi as interns and employees.
- You will focus on developing robust University relationships with targeted schools, creatively cultivating candidate pipelines in key areas of our business.
- You will own the intern experience from first point of contact to the extension of full time offers, including onboarding, summer engagement programs, and marketing journeys.
- You will recruit, cultivate and engage with the next generation of talent through building and running best-in-class programs and innovative marketing initiatives.
- SoFi is a leader in the Student Loans space, you will work closely with our corporate marketing team to ensure joint messaging and touch points to our student community who will in turn serve as brand ambassadors on campus following their time at SoFi.
- In this role you will completely own and develop processes to elevate our candidate experience across all intern and new grad hiring, and will measure success and milestones along the way.
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of Corporate recruiting experience, with at least 5+ years of experience focused on leadership in building out University Hiring programs, and a bachelor’s degree.
- Proven track record of success in developing a University program that supplies 10% of the workforce at a company.
- Experience building an intern and new grad experience, including onboarding, engagement programs, feedback loops that influence planning, and marketing to interns before, during, and after their program.
- Experience in building a strong brand that enables a company to be seen as an employer of choice amongst the University population.
- Strong collaboration and experience working on cross-functional projects.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data to make decisions, including tracking and reporting on metrics, goals, and milestones.
Why you’ll love working here
Competitive salary packages and bonuses
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
Generous vacation and holidays
Paid parental leave for eligible employees
401(k) and education on retirement planning
Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law