Senior Risk Manager
Who we are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
Sofi’s Risk Management group has responsibility for ensuring that the organization’s growth in lending and other member related activities follows the company’s risk appetite. This role will focus on managing our policies for transaction monitoring and controls for our Money and Invest product lines. This role will have responsibility for partnering with Finance, Operations, Financial Crimes, Legal and Compliance teams to implement value added risk strategies.
What you’ll do:
- This individual will design, deploy and manage strategies to control risk for our deposit products.
- Work with Product and Engineering to implement strategy enhancements and build robust control processes to identify and remediate any issue that may arise.
- Partner with Modeling team to build and implement models and strategies to optimize transaction approvals while minimizing risk
- Partner with operations and financial crimes organizations to optimize manual out sort volumes and strategies to mitigate risk
- Evaluate new data sources and test strategies to constantly iterate and improve efficiency
- Build strong relationships with the product, engineering, financial crimes & operations teams.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor degree in an analytical discipline (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years of credit or fraud risk experience in financial services industry
- Strong analytical skills to pull data, conduct data analysis, and drive business enhancements through data driven proposals
- SQL required - Python, SAS, Decision Trees, Tableau preferred
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent communications skills
Why you’ll love working here
Competitive salary packages and bonuses
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
Generous vacation and holidays
Paid parental leave for eligible employees
401(k) and education on retirement planning
Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.