Senior Product Marketing Manager, Money
Who We Are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
We're seeking a savvy marketer to manage the go-to-market plan and customer acquisition strategy for SoFi Money, our cash management account that allows Members to save, spend, and earn all in one account. SoFi is in the business of creating innovative and transparent financial products, delivering them with user-friendly technology, and supporting our customers (who we call Members) with benefits to help them reach their financial and professional goals faster. You'll build a differentiated, defensible positioning for our Money offering and craft narratives to communicate it effectively. This is a highly cross-functional role, both within our Marketing team and the cross-functional teams of the Money business unit. This role reports to our Senior Director of Product Marketing.
What You'll Do:
- Join the mini-CMO team for your product.
- Define the target member and market (including customer journey and target personas/segments) based on consumer and competitive insights.
- Iterate on the product positioning, value proposition, messaging, competitive differentiation, and go-to-market strategy for SoFi's Money businesses.
- Conduct research to identify consumer insights around life events and triggers for changing banking needs. Use these insights to create a compelling narrative and shape the customer journey for SoFi Money.
- Work with marketing channel owners (SEM, SEO, Direct Mail, Social, TV, Digital, OOH, Partnerships, etc.) and our in-house creative team to optimize the channel mix and deliver breakthrough campaigns that boost awareness and acquisition for SoFi Money.
- Own setting and achieving customer acquisition targets and supporting marketing budgets in partnership with the marketing channel owners and Finance.
- Work with Product Management to create a seamless experience, removing pain points and boosting conversion. Be your customers' advocate. Identify opportunities to offer SoFi Money to the current SoFi member base.
- Understand and report on changes to the broader market context including market shifts, competitive threats, market size, and external factors.
What You'll Need:
- 5-8 years relevant marketing experience, preferably in consumer product marketing/brand management, with quantifiable revenue responsibility
- Strategy and Execution: Combine strategic thinking with tactical execution to drive customer acquisition through diverse channels in holistic GTM plan
- Customer Research: Conduct quantitative and qualitative customer research and distilling it into actionable insights
- Analytics: Use data to drive strategy, execution, and optimization on a day-to-day basis to drive the business.
- Storytelling: Passion for crafting a compelling story that drives people to action
- Self-Starting: Eagerness to roll up your sleeves to get things done (even the unglamorous things)
- Flexibility: Problem-solve in a fast-paced, self-driven environment
- Finance: Healthy understanding of personal finance (but you don't need to be a banker)
- Growth: Proven track record of building budgets and programs that support efficient growth
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA encouraged to apply
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Competitive salary packages and bonuses
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
Generous vacation and holidays
Paid parental leave for eligible employees
401(k) and education on retirement planning
Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.