Data Scientist, Analyst (CRM, Lifecycle Marketing)
The Marketing Data Science team is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team to develop data-driven insights to optimize lifecycle marketing.
In this role, you will apply state of the art statistical methods and machine learning technology to measure and improve the effectiveness of our lifecycle marketing efforts. You will report on lifecycle program and campaign level performance. You will help develop test designs and measure outcomes. You will build predictive models for dynamic personal lifecycle communication that will significantly improve funnel conversion, cross-sell rate and overall lifetime value of members. Must have CRM/lifecycle marketing performance analyses experience and familiar with CRM campaign metrics and test design.
Success in this role hinges on your technical aptitude, quantitative abilities, and business acumen: you know how to plow through data with SQL/Python/R/Tableau, surface insights using math/statistics/ML techniques, and measure the business impact using outbound delivery/cost efficiency/conversion/profit metrics.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Execute a wide variety of customer lifecycle analytics projects including customer profiling, lifecycle analysis, campaign test design and analysis, dashboard reporting, market basket analysis, product recommendations, and customer segmentation
- Optimize outbound channel and product mix to improve cross-sell rate
- Drive deep member analysis with focus on predicting and improving member LTV
- Integrate data from various outbound and inbound touch points to understanding member journey to inform audience targeting and retargeting across all channels
- Build predictive models for lifecycle marketing
- Build dashboards to have consolidated view for decision making and diagnostic of campaign and channel performance
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of recent experiences in advanced lifecycle/CRM marketing analytics or data science/analyst role
- 3+ years of experience in designing and building predictive models using statistical and machine learning techniques (e.g logistic regression, linear regression, random forest, neural networks, gradient boosting)
- Ability to research, identify, evaluate, and implement modeling solutions for complex business problems
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Intellectual curiosity and aptitude to pick up new technical skills
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- High EQ with ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to marketing
- Bachelor’s degree. Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or quantitative field
- Proficient with SQL, R, Python, Tableau , Excel and Powerpoint
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.