Principal Product Owner, Bank Charter
Who we are:
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
As a Principal Product Manager for SoFi Bank, you will help create and drive the long-term strategy and vision, define and execute on the SoFi Bank roadmap, and drive technology innovation in the form of products, features, and platforms. You will have the opportunity to operate with a high degree of ownership over critical features and play a critical role in an important new area of SoFi’s business.
What you’ll do:
At SoFi, we innovate on behalf of our members, focusing on reinventing banking services in a way that makes them simple, fast and intuitive. Our goal is to be at the center of our members’ financial lives. As Product Manager for the SoFi Bank team, you will work closely with engineering and design to set product strategy and define and prioritize features. You’ll bridge technical and business worlds by engaging with matrixed teams including operations, legal, risk, and compliance.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to define and build a product from the ground up and evolve the product from early MVP into a significant part of SoFi’s business.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- 8 years of Product Management experience
- Demonstrated experience shipping innovative, commercially successful, customer-centric consumer products to global market segments
- Ability to build a vision and strategy, to own a multi-year product roadmap, and to break that vision into phase and prioritize and drive backlogs with a dedicated engineering team
- Experience managing complex product development cycles and highly technical solutions
- Experience owning BI, instrumentation and data and analysis for your products to drive deep understanding, innovation and product plans.
- Success leading in a fast-paced agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Passion for personal finance
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal. Experience presenting to C-level leadership
Nice to have:
- MBA with BS or higher in Computer Science
- Experience in Banking cores and bank core migrations
- Payment systems and methods
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
SoFi does not seek salary history information from job applicants.