Senior Engineer, Software
At SoFi, you'll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members' financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Deliver highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Help translate product requirements into user stories and technical solutions
- Help to ensure our system is highly available and responsive for our members.
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Bachelor's Degree, ideally in a technical field, but we understand great engineers come from all sorts of different backgrounds and also consider relevant work experience
- 6+ years programming experience, ideally on a modern stack
- Our core stack is Java / Spring / PostgreSQL, but you don't have to be an expert in any of these. 4+ years Java, Kotlin or Scala programming experience and an understanding of relational databases and ORMs suffices
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment (and git specifically), refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Interest in personal finance
- Experience managing your own investments or experience taking out loans
- Experience with docker, and comfortable with a command line
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- 90-100% of medical premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents. A choice of 3 medical plan options with Cigna. California employees have the additional option of Kaiser.
- 100% of dental, vision, basic life, short-term disability and long-term disability premiums paid by SoFi.
- Generous vacation and holidays.
- Paid parental leave of 4 weeks at 100% base pay.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year with a lifetime maximum of $25,000.
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans.
- Great health & well-being benefits including: Maven- a telehealth parental support program, subsized gym & fitness program, identity theft protections and employee discounts via LifeMart.
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)