Staff Software Engineer, Bank
Who we are:
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join our SoFi Bank team. On our team, you will be in the middle of it all – implementing functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker.
At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying and continual improvement and evolution.
What you’ll do:
- Full development life-cycle from project requirement to deployment.
- Manage projects and deliverables, and design, deploy and improve database solutions.
- Work on automation and improvement of data exchanges and data pipelines between internal and external teams.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, deliverables, and goals
- Lead cross-functional delivery teams to ensure deliverables are met
- Manage project budget, monitoring and reconciliation processes
- Track project performance against defined milestones/goals
- Assess project risks, identify contingency actions, and develop/manage a risk plan
- Conduct process improvement projects to increase performance in vital program metrics
- Determine completion criteria for each deliverable and develop acceptance plan
- Communicate ongoing project health with key stakeholders and business leadership
- Maintain strict compliance with established project management policies and guidelines
- Take initiative and produce timely results in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Make significant contributions to the code base
- Define best practices and uphold coding standards
- Consistently demonstrate extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity. Develop and apply advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories, and concepts. Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of specialty.
- Work within the Engineering team to develop features that specifically benefit our users.
- Must be able to deliver high-quality code on schedule, communicate with groups in and outside the development team.
What you’ll need:
- BS Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university preferred
- Passion for solving complex problems
- 4+ years Java programming experience
- 2+ years as a technical lead
- Our core stack is Java / Spring Boot / JPA / Hibernate / Postgres / Kafka.
- Deep understanding of relational databases including PostgreSQL with JPA/Hibernate.
- Git-based distributed version control systems
- Data Processing experience strongly preferred
- Agile-based project development in a micro-services environment
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
Nice to haves
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Knowledge in analytics, metrics, and monitoring integrations
- Test-driven development along with unit and integration testing.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
SoFi does not seek salary history information from job applicants.