Senior Bank Internal Auditor
Who we are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
SoFi is seeking a Senior Bank Internal Auditor to join SoFi’s Internal Audit Department, reporting to the Internal Audit Senior Director. You will be conducting audits and reviews of various areas related to SoFi Bank. This is a hands-on audit role with primary responsibility for completing detailed testing of processes and controls. You will also assist in performing audit risk assessments and develop audit objectives and procedures as needed. Also, you will prepare working papers to document your testing of key internal controls in accordance with departmental and professional internal audit standards. You should have proven ability to build relationships/partnerships and work cross-functionally to drive time-sensitive deliverables, issues tracking and reporting.
What you'll do:
- Assist the Internal Audit team in accomplishing audit department objectives in a team environment.
- In accordance with departmental and professional internal audit standards, identify and analyze risks, plan and prioritize audit work, conduct interviews, observe operations, document and analyze procedures and controls, perform audit tests, prepare appropriate workpapers, develop audit recommendations, review identified issues with appropriate management, and prepare audit report findings related to SoFi and SoFi Bank activities.
- Assist in developing formal written reports to communicate audit results to management and other stakeholders.
- Continuously seek opportunities for audit process improvement.
- Work on multiple priorities/projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Utilize data analytics and tools in the execution of audit work.
- Continue to develop and expand knowledge of the audit profession, financial and technology industry, and products through self-study, research, and continuing education efforts.
- Supervise staff at lower levels depending on the nature of the assignment.
- Execute special assignments and other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's or equivalent in accounting, finance, information systems, or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 to 6 years of internal/external audit, risk management, compliance, or related experience working at a covered financial institution
- Experience in regulated environments with consumer financial product
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., CIA, CPA, CFA, CRMA, CISA, FRM, etc.) is preferred.
- Familiarity with the FRB, OCC, FDIC, and CFPB examination procedures.
- Strong understanding of internal control concepts, IIA standards, risk assessment practices, and the COSO risk management framework.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience preparing audit workpapers, issues, reports, and management presentations.
- Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments, and deliver on commitments.
Nice to Haves
- Performing data analysis using data mining and visualization techniques (Tableau, SAS, SQL, R, Python and/or ACL)
- Executing integrated business and technology audits
- Auditing Banking compliance functions within a bank or other financial services company
- Leading audit engagement planning and reporting phases
Why you’ll love working here
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer-paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
SoFi does not seek salary history information from job applicants
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.