Associate, Capital Markets
Who We Are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
The Capital Markets Associate will be exposed to a broad range of capital markets functions, with a primary focus on structuring and monitoring the firm's warehouse financing agreements and will report to the Director of Capital Markets. The Associate will have access to all senior managers of the firm with full visibility of the firm's span of business activities and will work closely alongside the rest of the Capital Markets team.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for handling the ongoing structuring and maintenance of SoFi's 17 student loan and personal loan warehouse facilities (and all future student loan and personal loan facilities) including all necessary amendments, waivers, and renewals; including (but not limited to) monitoring warehouse facility renewal schedule, active review of deal documents to ensure alignment with current credit, servicing, operational processes; communicate and negotiate requests with lending partners, work with internal legal (and external counsel as necessary) to draft changes; provide supporting documentation as requested by lenders; establish and adhere to deadlines
- Collaboration with internal stakeholders such as credit, legal, engineering, product, treasury, accounting, and finance to be able to understand and communicate upcoming changes or requests to our lending partners
- Assist in the structuring and negotiating of new student loan and personal loan transactions; which may include detailed review and negotiation of term sheets and related deal documentation; creating memorandums presented to internal committees, engaging and negotiation with any third-party service providers; and any other deal closing responsibilities
- Provide strategic support to the treasury team regarding capital markets initiatives impacting the firm's liquidity
- Participate in lender due diligence meetings as needed (travel may be required)
- Provide support in connection with KYC and data requests for new and existing lending relationships across SL, PL, mortgage, Risk Retention, etc.
- Other ad hoc support as needed requested relating to mortgage warehouses, risk retention financing, unsecured line of credit, and any other financing initiatives of the company
What You'll Need:
- Requisite experience must include 5+ years exposure to the debt capital markets (capital markets or banking experience at a financial institution, ABS issuer, rating agency, leveraged finance group or ABS accounting/consulting firm preferred). Must be able to handle multiple responsibilities under pressure.
- BS/BA in business, finance, accounting, economics or similar technical field
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to contribute broadly to achieve team and company objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as technical and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly in Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
Why You'll Love Working Here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans
- Subsidized gym membership
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.