Senior Software Engineer, Front-End (B2B)
Who we are:
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking Front End Software Engineers to join our team in Murray, Utah. On our team, you will be in the middle of it all – implementing functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying and continual improvement and evolution.
This role is focused on a B2B business channel called SoFi at Work. The goal of this platform is to provide new ways for our partners to help their employees get their money right across every life stage. Our mission is to help our members find their path to financial independence by providing them with the tools, resources, and guidance they need to get there. Be a part of one of SoFi’s newer product teams and take the opportunity to help shape the evolution of the team and the platform capabilities for years to come.
What you’ll do:
- Develop testable and accessible web applications
- Work with back end engineers, designers and product stakeholders in order to build the best financial products and tools
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a technical field, but understand great engineers come from all sorts of different backgrounds and also consider relevant work experience
- 3+ years related experience or demonstrated equivalent
- Prior experience with React
- Familiarity with responsive design/development and mobile-web best practices
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment (and git specifically), refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Bonus: Experience working with Redux, Typescript, material-ui, razzle and working on large-scale applications
- Prior experience with CI/CD (gradle, git, automated testing and deployments)
- Experienced with cloud based infrastructure (preferably AWS)
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.