Staff Engineer, Software
Who we are:
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
Our team at SoFi is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Growth and Activation Team on the Member Team. You’ll help shape the Member Experience at SoFi by partnering closely with engineers, designers, product managers and product marketers to create a world class member experience. In this role, you’ll be expected to plan, lead, and socialize high profile projects. You can take the lead but are also collaborative. You are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work efficiently and effectively with cross-functional teams. You can perform and improvise under tight timelines and changing environments. You are an advocate for our members and are excited to work with teams to connect them to our member’s needs and take action on insights.
What you’ll do:
- Full development life-cycle from project requirement to deployment.
- Manage projects and deliverables, and design, deploy and improve database solutions.
- Work on automation and improvement of data exchanges and data pipelines between internal and external teams.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, deliverables, and goals
- Lead cross-functional delivery teams to ensure deliverables are met
- Manage project budget, monitoring and reconciliation processes
- Track project performance against defined milestones/goals
- Assess project risks, identify contingency actions, and develop/manage a risk plan
- Conduct process improvement projects to increase performance in vital program metrics
- Determine completion criteria for each deliverable and develop acceptance plan
- Communicate ongoing project health with key stakeholders and business leadership
- Maintain strict compliance with established project management policies and guidelines
- Take initiative and produce timely results in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Convert business requirements into technical implementations
- Make significant contributions to the code base
- Define best practices and uphold coding standards
- Consistently demonstrate extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity. Develops and applies advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories, and concepts. Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of specialty.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to help make their features fully accessible to all users. This role offers a unique chance to touch virtually every feature in SoFi's digital touchpoints.
- Work within the Engineering team to develop features that specifically benefit our users.
- Must be able to deliver high-quality code on schedule, communicate with groups in and outside the development team
What you’ll need:
- BS Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university preferred
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
- Passion for solving complex problems
- 6+ years Java programming experience
- 2+ years as a technical lead
- Experience in other programming languages such as kotlin is a plus
- Dev management experience is a plus
- Our core stack is Java / Spring Boot / JPA / Hibernate / Postgres / Kafka.
- Deep understanding of relational databases including PostgreSQL with JPA/Hibernate.
- Git-based distributed version control systems
- Agile-based project development in a micro-services environment
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative workplace
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university preferred
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Knowledge in analytics, metrics, and monitoring integrations
- Test-driven development along with unit and integration testing.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.