Who We Are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Brand Strategist to join our marketing team and help lead the development of brand strategies around key opportunities that will drive growth for our burgeoning product portfolio and brand. As a Brand Strategist, you will use data to develop informed messaging strategies and campaigns to increase the impact of marketing on specific business objectives. Your work will focus on both short-term wins and improving the long-term perceptions that drive customer behavior and support the overall SoFi brand. Using internal customer data, qualitative and quantitative research, segmentation, competitive analysis, creative testing, and assessment of previous marketing performance/investments, you will distill actionable insights to effectively differentiate and position SoFi and our products.
As a Brand Strategist, you will provide the learning and recommendations that inform foundational product messaging strategy, annual marketing plans and strategic creative briefs that identify target consumer segments, key insights, potential channels, etc. You will serve as a single source of truth on the brand team for customer behaviors, insights and trends and will act as a key liaison with Product Marketing, Creative, and Media to develop and substantiate value propositions in support of earned media and advertising. Engagements and outputs are diverse, so flexibility and broad marketing experience are ideal.
What You'll Do:
- Develop compelling product narratives based on tangible data insights.
- Contribute to foundational brand and product strategy documents.
- Work with brand and product leaders to develop messaging hierarchies for key product launches and campaigns.
- Distill audience, cultural, and contextual analysis––including customer and category knowledge gaps.
- Develop and execute research plans for supplemental qualitative and quantitative research to develop new insights and implications/opportunities.
- Use performance data to drive strategy, execution, and optimization
- Work with Media teams to translate learnings into appropriate media investments and identify new opportunities.
- Author strategic input briefs with relevant customer insights to Media and Creative teams.
- Build and substantiate impactful marketing/advertising claims.
- Facilitate planning and ideation sessions
- Develop inspirational briefs that result in great creative
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years in consumer marketing, preferably with some online retail experience. Experience in creative strategy, branding and/or marcomm is preferred.
- Experience in strategy work across brand and performance marketing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others
- Comfort presenting in front of senior leadership
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
- Experience in market research, industry analysis, data analytics, corporate strategy or related areas. Experience working with PR or social media is also a plus.
- Familiarity with consumer research methodologies
- Experience writing creative briefs
- Knowledge of financial services / personal finance a plus
Nice To Have:
- Creative analytical marketer with penchant for telling stories supported by data
- Detail oriented creative problem solver with a passion for branding, marketing communications and advertising
- You roll up your sleeves and take action, thriving in fast paced environments managing across multiple shifting priorities
- You have a proven track record of leading through influence and delivering persuasive presentations to senior leadership
- You enjoy working on collaborative cross-functional teams
- You are comfortable in a performance based environment
Why You'll Love Working Here:
- Amazing work environment: lunch and stocked kitchen
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Stock options
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401K and commuter benefits
- Educational Assistance
- Subsidized Gym Membership
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.