Senior/Staff Data Scientist, Analyst
SoFi is looking for a Senior/Staff Data Scientist, Analyst to deliver data-driven insights to support our Invest team's decisions and strategies for Invest Team. In this role, you will be responsible for optimizing Invest product performance through experimentation design, business analytics, and predictive analytics. Success in this role hinges on your technical aptitude, quantitative abilities, and business acumen: you know how to plow through data with SQL/Python/R/Tableau, surface insights using math/statistics/ML techniques, and measure the business impact using efficiency/conversion/profit metrics.
At SoFi, you'll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our Members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our Members' financial lives and to help every Member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. SoFi Invest platform allows our Members to actively invest in crypto or the stock market, or put their investments to work for them picking one of our Robo Investment strategies.
- Work with business unit leaders and product teams to identify business opportunities, measure KPIs to craft compelling stories, make data-driven recommendations, and drive informed actions
- Own end-to-end product analytics workflow including formulating success metrics, socializing them across the organization, and creating dashboards/reports
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments that could optimize product performance
- Work cross-functional with engineering, product teams, and data architects to ensure data is being captured and reports are accurate
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience: business analytics, KPI dashboard development, business performance analysis
- 3+ year experience with investment platforms in FinTech or Banking environment
- Strong data visualization and presentation skills
- Proficient with SQL, R, Python, Tableau, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Intellectual curiosity and aptitude to pick up new technical skills
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- BS or ideally MS/MBA degree in Computer Science, Finance, Economics, Math, Physics, Engineering or other quantitative fields
- Company-paid lunch program, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 90-100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.