Visual Designer, Design Systems
Who we are
SoFi is a digital personal finance company whose mission is to help its members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions, whether that be to buy a house one day, start a family on their own terms or be debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member Get Their Money Right®. By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services by embracing technology to build innovative loan products, investment tools, and more. One of the fastest growing fintech companies, we’ve grown from 250 employees in 2015 to over 1,500 employees today, and are well on our way to reaching 1 million members. With offices across the US, we offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team and some of the best talent around. As an employer, we strive to hire employees who are committed to both our company’s mission and our desire to build the best culture in the world. If you are driven, passionate about what you do, and excited about the SoFi mission, we would love to hear from you.
Our team at SoFi is looking for a Visual Designer to join our design systems team, and help shape the visual design by creating engaging and brand relevant creative assets. As a member of the SoFi Design Systems team, you will work closely with other designers, researchers, and our Product and Engineering teams to build a world-class user experience, and bring consistency and simplicity to the SoFi member experience. Bring in your creative chops to convey messages and information through illustrations, icons, graphics and patterns!
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with internal teams to define visual elements and user interface requirements, layouts, icons, illustration, system related assets and components
- Combine various colors, grid and typography to improve user experience and add member delight to our web and mobile app
- Work with research, content strategy and product design partners to drive a continual cycle of design system iteration and improvements
- Document and help maintain usage guidelines and specs within the system
- Partner with engineers as they build and ship components
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience designing products across web, iOS, and Android
- You are a multi-platform designer with expertise in marketing design or have worked for an in-house creative team or agency
- A 4-year degree in a relevant field or equivalent practical experience
- Exceptional interaction and visual design skills with an eye for accessibility, localization, and motion
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Abstract, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
- Experience in print or signage industries a big plus and strongly preferred.
- Ability to iterate quickly in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using tools like Jira and Confluence is a plus
- A portfolio URL or PDF to submit with application that includes examples of mobile and responsive web design work is a must.