Security Engineering Manager
Who we are
Welcoming, collaborative and having the opportunity to make an impact - is how our employees describe working here. Galileo is a financial technology company that provides innovative and revolutionary software products and services that power some of the world's largest Fintechs. We are the only payments innovator that applies tech and engineering capabilities to empower Fintechs and financial institutions to unleash their full creativity to achieve their most inspired goals. Galileo leads its industry with superior fraud detection, security, decision-making analytics and regulatory compliance functionality combined with customized, responsive and flexible programs to accelerate the success of all payments companies and solve tomorrow's payments challenges today. We hire energetic and creative employees while providing them the opportunity to excel in their careers and make a difference for our clients. Learn more about us and why we work here at www.galileo-ft.com.
The Security Engineering Manager will assume the lead role in many facets of the security program. You will be responsible for defining, delivering and supporting the enterprise security architecture developed in collaboration with the Chief Security and Privacy Officer and Senior IT team members. The individual in this position will also play a strategic and operational role in maintaining and enhancing the enterprises technical incident response capabilities and keeping abreast of the threat landscape.
What you’ll do:
- Drive planning and execution for application, data, infrastructure security and security operations across cloud-based and on-prem implementations
- Manage a team of security engineers by providing the resources and coaching they need to execute programs
- Drive security initiatives and work with technical teams to implement them
- Effectively communicate and work with cross functional teams to understand their needs and improve security posture
- Lead security event analysis and intrusion detection (IDS/IPS Incident response - triage, incident analysis/forensics, log reviews, and remediation)
- Support the operational information security responsibilities, including the development of maintenance standards, procedures, and guidelines necessary to satisfy the Information Security department's network operations
- Conduct risk assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of existing controls and determine the impact of proposed changes to business processes, applications and systems
- Implement secure coding standards and relevant awareness and training programs
- Proactively monitor and investigate network and other security alerts, defend Internet facing back office applications and APIs
What you’ll need:
- Proven expertise in securing cloud based on on-prem infrastructure.
- Experience with defending complex networks
- Experience with secure data communications and applications
- Experience with at-scale services
- Experience with Docker and kubernetes
- Experience with secure coding practices
- Experience with security standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, CIS CSC, etc.
- Experience working with identity and access control management solutions
- Experience with infrastructure best practices
- Experience working in a risk based security program
- Awareness of latest and common security threats
- Excellent Written Communication Skills
- Ability to document technical designs and concepts
- Minimum of 7+ years of progressive experience in Security is required
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in security engineering management role and experience leading and developing a team.
Nice to have:
Certification in networks/Cloud/Information Security (CCNP,CCSP, CISSP) is preferred
Why you’ll love working here
- Galileo offers market competitive salaries, covers 100% of your family's medical premiums and provides a true work/life balance. Each employee receives a generous bank of PTO each year as well as 11 paid holidays. Additionally, Galileo offers humanitarian PTO to each employee to participate in global volunteer projects as part of The Galileo Foundation. Did we mention reimbursement for applicable professional development including tuition and certifications? If you are looking for a leading edge technology environment with a positive and rewarding culture, join the Fintech revolution. Join Galileo!
SoFi does not seek salary history information from job applicants
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law