***This is a contingent opportunity***
SNA International (SNA), a vibrant growing company based in Alexandria, VA, is a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the largest federal forensic laboratories in the US.
SNA International, LLC is seeking a Licensed Engineer to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency in the Fort Belvoir area.
The responsibilities of qualified candidates for the Licensed Engineer position include but are not limited to:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understands requirements gather, planning, execution, and post exercise assessment
- Plans, coordinates, and manages science and technology related engineering projects
- Lead projects – define and execute engineering activities within a project
- Assist in identifying and implementing best Test & Evaluation (T&E)/Engineering practices to assess and evaluate Chemical, Biological, Radiation, and Nuclear (CBRN) technologies
- Support development of T&E/Engineering system performance and analysis of documentation
- Perform quality control and modeling, simulation, and analysis to support the CWMD programs including assist in field testing and test prediction analysis
- Provide technical analysis and interpretation of complex data generated to enhance Nuclear protection capabilities
- Provide off-site subject matter expertise (SME) for nuclear research and CBRN development efforts
- Assist in various systems engineering processes to establish requirements of networked detection systems
- Work with Project Manager to develop project documentation requirements and schedules. Assist with development, fielding and sustaining equipment
- Conduct systems engineering tasks in support of chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) systems
- Supervise and guide junior engineers
- Disciplines range from structural, civil, mechanical and electrical
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- U.S. citizen with an active Top Secret security clearance
- Earn a four-year degree in engineering from an accredited engineering program
- Pass the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam
- Complete four years of progressive engineering experience under a PE
- Pass the Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) exam
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and work ethic
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information security clearance
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level.
No phone calls please.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.