Casework Files Assistant 1
SNA International, LLC, is a vibrant, growing company based in Alexandria, VA, and a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. SNA's staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the US's largest federal forensic laboratories.
SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative and innovative Casework Files Assistant 1 to work in the FBI Laboratory Division’s Quantico, Virginia location, who has a strong work ethic to join our team and work together in pursuit of the same cause: build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
The Casework Files Assistant 1 performs higher level tasks for the FBI Laboratory Division and has knowledge and experience in the structure, preparation, and maintenance of case documentation for the Scientific and Biometrics Analysis Unit (SBAU) and other Units. The performance of these tasks requires familiarity with historic and current Terrorist Explosive Device Analytical Center (TEDAC) casework and workflow, supporting the ability to conduct research utilizing their knowledge, case documentation, accessing TEDAC specific databases, such as Next Generation Identification (NGI) and Direct Analysis in Real Tim (DART) for latent results, as well as other databases, such as Explosives Reference Tool (EXPeRT) and the Department of Defense (DoD) laboratories databases, such as WEAT and BI2R.
The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed, but are not limited to:
- Provide basic managerial/administrative support for case documentation requests from internal and external sources.
- Support functional areas in preparation of case information and items for court testimony.
- Send communications to appropriate field offices or FBI Headquarters (HQ) as required.
- Assist with document tracking or developing database/spreadsheet applications to track case files, audit reports, and other documentation management actions.
- Support activities, functions, or duties as defined.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required.
- Assist with other duties as requested.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Education: High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Experience: Previous experience working with TEDAC and/or SBAU is preferred.
- Basic computer skills, to include use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook); organization skills; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Certifications: N / A.
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.